Friday 7 September 2012

Exhibition Speedbump

After 2 close games between BV and Nelson, the Castlegar Rebels strode into BVA and handed the Nitehawks their first taste of defeat.

Stacked with veterans, the Rebels showed poise under duress, and worked their highly offensive checking style effectively enough to keep the Nitehawks on their heels most of the night. Only dressing 5 vets of their own (3 on defense), it was difficult for BV to sustain pressure in the attacking zone. To top it off, Ryan Edwards left the game late in the 2nd period with a reported lower body injury. Rest up Ryan, its only exhibition!

This is the part of the blog where I normally attack the officials, but a summer long marinade of alcohol has mellowed me somewhat, and like I already said...it is after all, ONLY exhibition.

Players of note for tonights game:  Brad Gaboury, Riley Brandt, Jordan Bandura (who endured a BRUTAL hit from Dartnell) all played with determination and conviction.

The second half of the home and home goes tomorrow night (Sept 8th) in Castlegar. I wont be able to make the game, so I hope some of you ARE going and will keep me up to speed.

Next home game is on Sunday at 6pm against the Selkirk College Saints, see you there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

While anonymous comments are ok, I implore you to include your identity.....or are you chicken ;)