Thursday 23 February 2012

Follow-up: Leafs/Nitehawks Blog Post

As suspected, the blogpost following the final game of the regular season between Nelson and Beaver Valley created something of a stir. Now, allow me to elaborate a bit more.

It was said that I have no respect for the officiating, that is untrue. I respect the difficulty of their job, and while they DO officiate in BCHL and WHL, that does NOT give them automatic respect regarding the job they do here in the KIJHL. They may also do a fantastic job there, but truth be told, I can only recall a few games where the officials performed their jobs adequately. Maybe I was a bit hard on Dasti, but I am passionate about the game and the team that I support. Again, this is MY perspective and opinion and is thus beyond debate, so please stop trying.

Yes, it is a drastically different viewpoint while sitting in the stands, and I really feel no different than anyone else, I've just had the guts to make my views and opinions public. Those that post anonymously are really the ones afraid of retribution. Also, those that posted and were rude and defamatory were deleted as this is a public blog and has language rules. As always, I welcome all comments, just keep it clean with no name calling. I'm also available to talk with at any home game, so don't hesitate to find me for a discussion :)

In regards to a deleted poster, I don't agree with you that this blog is an embarassment to the town and team. As previously noted, these are MY opinions and are NOT that of the team or organization. If anything, it shook some cages and got the discussion moving!

Finally, I changed the comment rules. You now require a Google ID to post, and posts will be moderated for language. I have accountability for my own posts, so should resonders, its only fair.

GO NITEHAWKS GO!!!

We have 2 banners already, let's add 2 more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While anonymous comments are ok, I implore you to include your identity.....or are you chicken ;)